Thursday, September 19, 2019

If you build it, they will come

Tank got neutered on Wednesday although it almost didn't happen, thanks to my early morning stupidity. I had the dogs outside about 6:00 a.m. Wednesday morning. Everyone was wanting to be fed. It was still dark, I had no coffee in me, and I fed Tank without thinking. He's only getting a cup of dry food and half a can of green beans, but still, I know you're not suppose to feed them prior to surgery. I took him in anyway, explained what had happened, and they put him last on the schedule and did it anyway. I'm very glad because I wanted him neutered as soon as possible. He's got adoption interest already. Some folks are coming to meet him Friday afternoon.

I tried putting Tank in the puppy palace and yard, figuring he'd have the space to himself and would enjoy the peace and quiet. He wanted none of it. He's got a cone on, but he's running around and acting normal and he does not want to be by himself. I've given him the giant Dane crate in the office for now because he can more around in there even with the cone.

Mo-Dean was only with us for one night. I set him up a crate in the puppy shed since that was familiar territory for him and the weather has been beautiful. The pups are 14 weeks old today and they all look great. They are all different and their personalities are developing as well as their bodies, but they are all sweet and all lap dogs.

The puppy palace and beer garden are in transition. I cleaned up the shed, took down the vinyl from the walls, swept, and mopped the floor. I put in four large crates. The yard is greatly expanded and is now completely surrounded by 6 foot chain link kennel panels. I've been calling it the Dane yard and have put Serena and Della out there at times during the day when I'm working. They have plenty of room to play.

This afternoon I was out there working on things with the two Danes, plus Maya, Theo, and sometimes Tank. It was nice to have a yard where I could have Maya off leash again. I wouldn't trust her out there alone, however. I saw her examining the fencing and we are both pretty sure that she could get out if she wanted to. I won't leave her out there unless I'm there too, and I'm going to add some additional security measures that would make it more difficult for her, or any other dog, to get out.

I still have some things to do out there, but most of it is just clean up and cosmetic stuff at this point.





Theo finally has a ball that he likes and
that Serena won't destroy and swallow.

Della and Maya play together, but you can tell they are
both sizing each other up as they play.
Theo is only interested in the ball. Look at Maya in the back
heading off on some mission, with her tail going three or
more directions all at once.

Clay's birthday was Wednesday, but he's fighting a cold
so we put off doing anything until he feels better.

Here you can see the 6' chain link kennel panels along the
dilapidated four foot board fence. The puppy yard now goes
beyond the shed in the background, near the property line.
It's now a much larger area and includes the maple tree as
well as the two birch trees. 




The three girls had a big play session today.






Della, after the play session.

The new setup in the shed. Two 48" crates and two 42" crates.

Theo the Great


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Clay is feeling better. Puppy kisses might help.