Saturday, November 23, 2019

Chilly and damp

The morning wasn't pretty but according to the forecast it was going to be the best part of the day, so Maya and Serena and I got out for a morning hike. It was cool enough that I wasn't warmed up until after the first of three miles that we walked. It wasn't raining though, and no one else was around, so that was pretty nice.

I hadn't taken Serena hiking in a while because she's less insistent about going than Della. But she was wanting to go today and very excited. Serena has more trail hiking experience than Della and it shows. She may not know the way but that doesn't prevent her from leading. I am working on teaching her "left" and "right" so I can direct her at intersections as I can Maya.

I used the rope harness on Serena and it worked pretty well. Well enough that I've put a second one on my Christmas wish list as I think that may be the key to walking both Danes together.

When we got back, I took Theo, Max, Kaiser, Della, and Serena out to the pasture to run. It was a damp and dreary day, but the sun will come out tomorrow.
















Theo and Max, Serena at rear left.

Della chasing Max
Kaiser


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful doggies!