Monday, November 18, 2019

White Dane Updates

It wasn't too long after the puppies were adopted that we took in four of the Great Danes from the hoarder/breeder who was busted for neglect over in King and Queen County. The first four were Diamond, Karma, Disney, and Cinderella. We subsequently took in Chrome as well, and then Galaxy too, for a total of six, although the most we ever had at one time was four.

We have heard more from some adopters than others, which is always the case, but they all landed well with a substantial upgrade in their standard of living, and more importantly, a HUGE upgrade in their standard of care. I've stolen many of these pics from adopters' email, messages, Facebook, and Instagram accounts. I don't usually do that and if anyone objects, let me know, but all the pictures are wonderful and deserve to be seen and shared.




Disney

Disney went to a home somewhere down in Tidewater area, I believe, a home on the water. She is pictured here on a sofa, which is, of course, the standard furniture of choice for a Great Dane.





















Cinderella

Cinderella went to a colder clime with her move to Minnesota, but she has a new wardrobe that will keep her warm all winter. Her name is now Aisling, which just sounds like a model's name. Look for her on the runways at the next Fashion Week.




























































Chrome

I don't have any post-adoption pictures of Chrome so these are from the day he got adopted. His adopters drove down here from New Jersey with their other two dogs. Everyone met and got along, which was good because they had a long drive home in close quarters.









Karma

Karma now lives in Connecticut. She has both dog and cat friends and is reportedly getting along with them all. I was also very happy to hear that she's playing ball and playing with toys, something I don't think she ever had the chance to do in her former home and I never saw her do around here. Karma was always a bit suspicious of strangers and took a while to warm up, but she's been meeting new people with nary a grumble. That tells me that she's happy and comfortable in her new home.








































Galaxy

Galaxy had the quickest trip to his new home and he had even visited there once before. Galaxy is living with one of Della's pups, Mo-Dean. He's a few months older and bigger, but they play together very well. The play will only get bigger as they grow.


Galaxy and Mo-Dean, resting up to do it again.




Diamond

Diamond came to us looking the most haggard of them all. She just looked like she'd had a rough life, and indeed she had. That's why it's so nice to hear that Diamond is enjoying some of the finer things in life now. The pictures show her lounging in the lap of luxury and apparently she has a real penchant for down bedding.

Diamond is loving and appreciative of it all too. The adopter told me this: "[W]hen I sat down on my couch with my morning coffee to watch the news, she jumped up next to me, put her left front leg behind me and the right front leg around the front and cuddled her head around my neck!"

I can't think of a better way for a dog to say, I'm happy, thank you, and I love you, all at once.





































That's it for the white Danes that we fostered, but Green Dogs still has one more, Daisy, who is still available.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these stories. I needed some happy news!

Jamie