Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Keeping at it

I'm not doing great speeds or distances, but I'm trying to get out hiking most every day that I can. Just 2.5 miles today, with Maya and Karma, the first walk with Karma since her spay surgery last week. It was an easy pace and a different set of trail segments than I usually walk. We finished before it was completely dark, but not by much. Maya and Karma walk well together. It's new for Karma, but she looks around and pays attention to the trail, to Maya, and even to me. 

The walk made a better end to the day than how it started out. Karma's boy, Galaxy, had an unfortunate bout of diarrhea in the crate last night. That was not fun for anyone this morning. I gave him an immodium and no food this morning and I'll do the same this evening. Diarrhea always warrants a 24 hour fast around here. I suspect it was the new food, which he had just finally started eating the day before, and maybe the excitement of yesterday's hike, pulling me through the woods.  I'll start him back on something tomorrow morning as long as nothing else comes out tonight. Fortunately, Tuesday was a warmer day so he spent the day out in Daneland with Kaiser for company. 
















No comments: