Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Della and Duvel

Duvel (in front), and Della
We had Duvel for the day. He's grown since I last saw him. Della recognizes them and would still protect them if necessary, but the "puppy pass" is pretty much over and she treats them about like any other dog. That meant that she was ok with the other dogs being around him but I took just Della and Duvel out on today's hike. Della has been wanting to go every day but I don't think I want to walk Della and Serena together just yet.

Della was more confident out in the woods on today's hike but it's clear that she's not familiar with the trails and the routes we usually go. She will learn. She wants to learn.

Duvel is an easy walker, sticking right by my side most of the time, occasionally walking across my path in front of me. I did a fair amount of bumping into him, which he didn't seem to mind and he didn't modify his walking behavior to avoid it either.

We covered almost 3.5 miles, a good walk on a beautiful afternoon.






Duvel and Serena took turns chewing on a water buffalo
horn, the most recent and current favorite chew toy.

Duvel and Serena, Della in crate








Duvel hasn't learned how to strike that majestic Great Dane
pose just yet. It must come with maturity.








He does stick close and he does not pull.








He's almost got the pose here.














3.38 miles


No comments: