Thursday, February 11, 2021

Maddy's spay day

I went to town with Madison early this morning, dropping her off at the vet to be spayed. That took place and seemed to go well. I picked her up late in the afternoon as the snow was beginning but we made it home before it began to stick to the roads. 

Maddy has really bonded with me and didn't want to go into the vet's office without me this morning. I walked part of the way with her and then she went on in. She was still really out of it when I picked her up and she stood up in the back of the van for a while before finally laying down on the nice dog bed back there. When we got home I walked her into the kitchen and over to the dog beds and she laid down. I thought that she would stay there for a while at least, but she wanted to be with me and she soon followed us all upstairs. I'll wait until later this evening before offering her any food but I do want to get that pain pill in her tonight, because she'll feel better in the morning if we do.



Della and Serena playing in the office this afternoon. 

Walking across the parking lot through the snow.

She picked up the pace when she spotted me.

And she stepped into the van, just needing a little lift for the back end.

She stood up for a while, but finally settled into that nice bed.

We were met at the door by every dog and they all checked her over.

Even Arby came over to say hello. That's Lando in the crate;
I'm still trying to keep him quiet after his neuter on Tuesday.

Della had something to tell her.


1 comment:

David V said...

Congratulations on getting this important surgery completed