Thursday, February 25, 2021

Walking the Danish Girls

I hadn't taken Serena out on the trails for a while. She doesn't complain if she doesn't get to go on walks like Maya and Della do, and she seems satisfied with pasture play for exercise, but I know she enjoys the hikes in the woods. This afternoon I took both the Danes for about 2.5 miles on trails through the woods at Pleasant Grove. I started at the trailhead behind the library and took the newest of the trails. It wasn't exactly dry, but there were only a few really muddy areas.

I always forget how much Serena enjoys it. She's shows her excitement and enthusiasm probably more than any dog I've had since Sparky. She was out front the entire way and surprisingly, Della walked behind me for the most part, bringing up the rear. When we came out of the woods and into a more peopley area I put the short leads onto the Gentle Leaders and walked with the girls on either side of me. We saw several other walkers with dogs, but everyone was on a leash today, thankfully, and the Danes were easy to handle on their short leads. 

It was a great day, great walk, my legs are getting back in shape again. When the days get longer and I become more proficient at my new job I hope I'll have time for multiple walks in one day again.





Here we are at Sparky's watering hole. They didn't even take a drink.






No comments: