Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Madison's adoption

Madison was adopted today. Although that's a very good thing, it is always tough to leave a dog with a stranger after that dog has come to love me and trust me and follow me around like my own shadow. It was made easier by the fact that I was not leaving her with a stranger, but a friend and prior adopter of not one, not two, but three former fosters. Two of the former fosters were Great Danes, Diesel and Drogo, both now deceased. The third former foster, Brutus, is still a very large figure in the household. 

So I'm happy, and I think Della and Maya are very happy because Madison was really beginning to act like she owned me and there's at least two dogs in our house who assert prior ownership claims. 

Maddy will adjust. It's a great home, more space inside, lots of room outside, and a king sized bed that I expect her to claim. 

We are now down to just one foster dog, Lando, but that is expected to change this weekend with an arrival from frosty Texas. 

Madison in the back of the van on the way to her new home today.

Madison, getting acquainted with River and Brutus in her new home.

River is another Great Dane but was not one of our former fosters.

Brutus was one of our fosters almost a year ago. He is looking really good.

This is Penny, the most senior dog in the household.

Madison was very busy checking out her new house.

Brutus leaning in to give me kiss in spite of the mask.

I think Madison will be very happy here once she settles in.


This is always a good reminder. Madison was about at the three week mark with me.
She figured this was her home and she had figured out the routines of the household. 
I actually think she will adjust quicker moving to an adopter's home.



No comments: