Friday, February 19, 2021

Next to last Friday in February

I wrote a couple of ambling paragraphs but deleted them because they really were pointless. I'll just share some pictures that I haven't posted, including some of the new foster dog I may be getting on Sunday if the transport makes it out of Texas. 

Ice sliding off the roof of the dog yard shed. It was cold enough to hold together but
soft enough to bend into a curve as it slowly slid downward with the pull of gravity.
The Christmas lights are still up because I leave them to help dispel the gloom of the
mud season known as winter in Virginia. I'll take them down by the equinox. 


I never get tired of seeing Della move in and snuggle up with Serena. 
It reminds me so much of her puppies who always slept in a puppy pile.

This one sort of surprised me. Della moved in on Theo who was occupying one of the
big Dane crates. I think this may have had more to do with Della asserting an ownership
claim to the crate rather than wanting to snuggle with Theo. 

This is Everest. She's a young, recent mother, currently in boarding in Texas.
As I understand it, some group took her in along with her puppies.
She didn't work out at the foster home they had and they didn't have another one
so she's been in boarding for several weeks now I believe. 

I think that any group that takes a litter of puppies has the responsibility to move
heaven and earth as necessary to find a good home for the mom. 

She's young, probably part shepherd, maybe part Husky, but seems to be a sweet girl.

And because I don't have a lot of material for this post, here's an update on my mom's pug, Jake, from my sister Paula in Montana. Not everyone reads comments, so I'll re-post it here.

A Jake update for the winter. When we hit the lows in the -20s he took a few steps out then being a smart little pug, turned right around. But close to 0 he would turn around and expect me to follow. So my habit has been hard bottom slippers, my moms really heavy robe and a coat in the mornings. There aren’t any really close neighbors so whatever. We would venture out but not that far. Now that temps are in the teens I have learned that clothes are necessary as we are headed up or down the road! FYI his name was “turd bucket” there for awhile .... suffice to say one should be careful when picking up a pug in the morning! Lucky he’s pretty damn cute...

1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

OMG the Jake update made me laugh so hard! I needed that this morning so thank you!