Saturday, February 27, 2021

The Revolving Door of Rescue

Great news, Lando got adopted today! He went to a former rottie adopter, my favorite kind. She hadn't met him before today but I was pretty sure she would love him, he's a pretty lovable guy. They hit it off as anticipated and off they went. 



I was very happy to see Lando get adopted. He was an easy foster, and he was a great playmate for Everest, but being a rottweiler, he needed more hands-on and one-on-one attention than I could provide around here. We also needed his space because this evening we picked up a new foster Dane, Rajah. 

He came from what was apparently a good home but one that had fallen into circumstances that they really couldn't properly provide for needs of a three year old Dane. He was a scared and confused boy when we picked him up, but didn't take long here at home for his tail to come up. This was one of those times that having 6-7 other dogs really helped. He could see that we were dog-friendly and he was at home with some of his own kind. He was trying to play with Serena and I expect she will reciprocate that tomorrow outdoors. But the real ice breaker was Everest. That little girl looked at him like he was the big, tall handsome man of her dreams. She wanted to play with him immediately and she did. 

I think that Raj will fill Lando's role as playmate for Everest quite well and willingly. My pictures this evening aren't great and it may be raining tomorrow, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get good pictures of him. Everest is right about him though. He is tall, dark, and handsome. He's got a dark merle coat and when he puts on about 15-20 pounds, he'll look really fine. 













No comments: