Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Errands with Della

I've been too busy with work lately to adequately entertain Della. Taking her along in the car entertains her even if it's not any exercise so I've been trying to do that. Today was the day for Bruno's neuter surgery so Della came along for that and then we went to vote on the way home. Later in the day she accompanied me on the trip back to town to pick up Bruno and then we stopped at Green Dogs and picked up a new foster. 

I used to take Maya with me everywhere I possibly could, for much the same reason. Maya is content to stay at home these days and she even exhibits some anxiety if we go any place other than our usual hiking routes, so I can leave her at home and take Della for the ride-along. It's interesting to watch Della. She sits and observes everything. She looks at people in adjacent cars, she barks at pedestrians. You can tell that she's a bit out of her element, but she believes everything should be her element so she's taking it all in, learning as we go along.

Bruno's neuter surgery went well. He's pretty subdued this evening, I didn't even try to feed him; I'll wait till morning for that. The new dog is a year old golden retriever. I'm not really sure of his background as he's been passed around a bit and you never know how much of the story that comes along with a surrendered dog is true. He has no manners but he does know a couple of things and he's quite proficient in catching and fetching anything you throw. 

His name is still to be determined.

Della observing the moving universe from the back of my van.

Bruno was happy enough going in, blissfully unaware.

Della, wearing my "I voted" sticker.

Bruno back home after the surgery. 
He went up to his crate and is still sleeping it off.






This was clearly an activity he knew and enjoyed.
I hope to do much more of it tomorrow.



1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

What a cutie! I think you are going to have a lot of fun with this new guy!