Sunday, June 6, 2021

Two down, more to go

I started the weekend with nine dogs and am ending it with seven. One was just Cosmo going back home, which we were expecting. Cosmo was overjoyed to see his owner and I was happy to see that. I was informed that I had misidentified him as the dog formerly known as Mowgli. Cosmo's former name was Romeo. Mowgli was a second Berner who came along after Romeo/Cosmo. I have a hard time remembering dogs' names sometimes, and it's getting harder and harder as time goes on. These two were only Bernese Mountain Dogs I've had. It's even tougher when we talk about shepherds. 

This morning I took Lucky over to Green Dogs and she went home with an adopter. I'm happy that she has a new home and I have no doubt that she will bond quickly to the new owner just as she had with me. I always feel bad about breaking that bond but I know she will form a new one quickly and I have one less dog playing the "who can be closest to daddy" game at my house. Lucky is one of those dogs who don't just love their person, but is completely obsessed. If the person shares a reciprocal obsession with the dog, you have a nice healthy co-dependent relationship like Maya and I enjoy. I find this is most likely to occur with female shepherds. 

I also took Bruno along to meet a family who wanted to adopt him. They loved him, of course, and they completed the adoption contract today although I'll have him for most of this coming week because he's getting neutered on Tuesday. 

I spent the afternoon on the mower and got very dirty in the process, but I got all of the grass cut (not the pasture) and it all looks much better. The gardens are looking good and I need to take some pictures; maybe tomorrow after I water.




The woman had a nice cozy spot fixed up for Lucky in the backseat of her truck.
Lucky seemed to know it was for her and she jumped right in and settled down.

This is Lucky after she arrived in her new home. 
She seems to be settling in nicely.



Bruno won over his new family very quickly and easily.
He's going to make a great family dog.

I often get to see Killian when I visit Green Dogs because he lives there, but today
I got to see Astro (formerly Guinness) as well because he's boarding there currently.
Killian always pees when he sees me, from excitement, and Astro did as well.
I like that.

Astro grew to be a very large dog.


Astro is taller, longer, and heavier than Killian.
Both are larger than Della. 

This Sunday, June 13th, is the pups' second birthday. 
I look forward to seeing some of them at a party planned for that day.


No comments: