Monday, November 15, 2021

Allison

The puppies are weaned and will be going to new homes in a couple of weeks. It's time to find Allison a new home as well. She is the beautiful creature who made all this possible. We named her puppies after strong, bold, amazing women who made a difference in this world. The mother of them all, Allison herself, was named for my own mother, another amazing women who also made a difference in this world. 

Allison's maternal days will be in the past after she is spayed on November 23rd. The red "cherry eye" will be fixed in that same surgery, giving her a new look to go along with her new life.

Allison is two to three years old. She is crate trained and doesn't mind being crated at all. But she's also good indoors without a crate. From her experience here at our madhouse, I can certainly say that she's good with other dogs. We will arrange a cat test some day soon. 

What can I say about Allison? She's wonderful. She's different than our two female Danes, Della and Serena, and yet she has some characteristics of both. Like Della, she loves going outside and will happily get up and go outside with me any time I'm going. Allison loves her time running in the pasture. Like Serena, Allison also loves physical affection and will come up behind me at my desk and slip her head under my arm seeking attention. 

She's got a good appetite and is certainly not a picky eater. She has gained some weight since she stopped nursing, but she could still use another good 10-15 pounds to really fill out her beautiful frame. I haven't really tried her on a leash yet, but around here (within a fenced perimeter) she's good off-leash and always comes when I call, on the rare occasions that she's far enough away from me that I even need to call her. 

Allison is available for adoption through Green Dogs Unleashed, greendogsunleashed.org. If you want to meet her, contact her foster home at vadogrescue@gmail.com. She is lovely. 




































1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

She's a real beauty:-)