Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Three walks, three dogs, eight miles

Early morning walk with Bailey, three miles, nice and cool. I didn't get much in the way of pictures. My focus was on the walking. Bailey's is too, along with watching for anything that moves in the woods.




Mid-day walk, a quick two miles with Elvis. In contrast to Bailey, Elvis likes to take his time and sniff everything and leave his mark about every ten feet. I didn't let him do nearly as much of that as he wanted.



We saw this guy, stretched out across the trail.
Harmless, but we went around.


Evening walk, with Norman, another three miles. Norman is somewhere between Bailey and Elvis in terms of wanting to walk vs. sniff. My biggest problem with Norman is that he's a trail hog, wanting to walk in front of me but stopping without regard for the fact that I'm immediately behind him. I kicked his heels quite a bit and had to push his big butt out of the way on several occasions. I finally just shortened up his leash and made him walk right by my side. I was too tired to put up with much by this time.





No comments: