Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Bette and company

Our most frequent camper of the summer, Bette, is back for the fourth and final session of summer camp. She's here for about 10 days and she settled in even faster this time than she has in the past. She didn't want her person to leave, but she was happy to see me and she knows that this is just temporary. She sniffed around the yard getting reacquainted and then did the same with all the dogs. Killian is the only one she hasn't met before but he's a sweet boy and there was no problem between them. She already has free roaming privileges around the yard, and bedroom privileges at night. She gets us back to having five dogs in the bedroom at night, which is a nice number. 

With it being cooler I don't think about watering the containers as much as I had been doing when it was 90+ degrees every day, but they still dry out. The flamingo garden was gasping when I finally went out late in the afternoon to water. All the dogs came along so I got some pictures.

Woody got his bandages off over the weekend, but the cone is still in place and his ear is looking pretty good. It's a bit tattered looking, but it stands up and it seems to be healing. The fur will grow back and it will look fine eventually. He's got to wear that cone for at least another week until his stitches get removed next Wednesday. Woody has been confined to his crate for much of the time and he's really bored. I've been keeping him slightly sedated to make it more bearable, but today I gave him some yard time, by himself out in the dog yard. I think he enjoyed that but he'd really like to be playing with other dogs. Not yet.

Bailey and I got in a four mile walk this evening, not entirely before dark. I need to start earlier.

Bette

Killan


Paisley

Candace, grazing, I'm not sure what she's eating.

Bette and Paisley





You can see she's not bearing weight on that left rear leg,
but she's getting around very well. She's getting substantial doses of pain meds
and lots of treats, cheeseburgers, and chicken nuggets. 

Elvis

Woody


My baby girl Bailey


This was a good four mile route.





No comments: