Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Saxon and Norman

In any other context, I would read the title of this post and think I was in for a lesson in English history, and I'd be there for it. I watch a ton of history documentaries and pseudo-documentaries on Netflix and Prime. But this is a dog blog and as it happens we have a foster Doberman pup named Saxon, and of course we have Norman, the Malinois/St. Bernard mix, currently our longest running foster. 

I never got around to taking individual pictures of Saxon, his new foster home will have that pleasure. Saxon moved to another foster home yesterday, one who has two dobies currently, and a lot of experience with the breed. This litter of pups needs to be separated and this move was another step toward that goal. Saxon is a good looking dog, but he has a lot to learn. I think he will develop nicely in his new home.

Norman hasn't gotten out much recently, so after Saxon went off to his new home, I took Norman out for an evening hike. We got in a little over three miles before it got dark on us, which is happening noticeably earlier now. I just used the gentle leader on him and he was good with it when he settled down after the first quarter mile or so. I did have a short slip lead on him as well, just in case I needed it. 

We saw no people except one at the very beginning of the walk. There were several deer sightings, which he enjoyed but he didn't go crazy over them; he just looked and then moved on. It was a good walk.









No comments: