Friday, September 6, 2024

Garden 2024, final pics?

I can't promise that I won't post a few more, but these may be near the end of my garden pictures for this year. It has been a good year overall. Some things did better than expected, some things didn't pan out exactly as I had planned, but that's gardening. You always need room for improvement over the prior year, and somehow there is always plenty.

Killian arrived today to bunk with us for a while. Our fourth and final session of summer camp 2024 is a staggered one, Killian today, Bette next Wednesday, and Arlo on the 15th, wrapping up on August 22nd, the first day of Autumn. It's been a long, hot summer with more boarding than we've ever done, and plenty of fosters too especially once the group from Oklahoma arrived. 

Woody still has his bandage and cone on, at least the last time I checked. 

Della has been having a tough time the last few days. We're upping the pain meds to see if that results in any improvement in her comfort level. I'm afraid we are nearing the end, but she surprised me before, so we will see.


These two planters have certainly done well.
This round bed in the center of the driveway will be full of containers next year.


I am now a serious fan of caladiums. I'll be having more of them next year.


A lot of blooms on this begonia still.

Portulaca in this multi-tiered planter has done well.

I planted zinnias (annuals) into my perennial bed when most of them were done blooming.

This lantana is really coming into its own now.

Sun loving coleus in the flamingo garden.

This sweet potato vine was victimized recently. Deer?





No comments: