Monday, January 19, 2009

Amy update

There is something particularly special and gratifying about placing an older dog. Think about all the people in nursing homes that people either don't want or can't take care of. It's much worse for dogs, their fate is generally euthanasia. So it is a real victory to find those special people who will take in, love, and care for a senior dog, even though they know their time may be limited.

Now, this is an email that I like to get:

Brent:

I hope that you and all of your dogs are doing well.
I just wanted to email you and let you know how Amy/Amisha is doing. She had her vet appointment on Saturday. She does not like my car but we will work on it:) Her coat looks great and the Rymadil is working wonders. We got a refill. She is also on glucosamine and come summer I may try to wean her off the Rymandil and see how that works just for the warmer months. Her blood work was good and her eyes look well also. She and Jasper are getting along great. She is not too fond of the cats but we just keep them separated. She loves coming in at night and she loves her bed. She acts like a puppy now and she 'smiles' a lot. We got her microchipped. She and I are learning to communicate with hand signals. She likes the vet but let me know when she had had enough. Thanks for trusting her in my care and I expect many great years with her. Take care and I wish you the best.
The only thing I can add to that is "amen."

No comments: