Friday, January 9, 2009

Underground Railroad, Part 2

First off, here's a pic of Clint in the shelter he came from. The orange jumpsuit isn't a fashion statement, that county uses prisoners from its county jail to work in the animal shelter. The shelter looks like a jail as well, but Clint is a happy dog no matter where he is.





Here is Clint at play in my dog yard this morning before the second leg of his trip (with Jeep and Lyka).














I picked up a friend and former rottweiler adopter, Mary Jane, to ride shotgun on the trip out to I-81 north of Staunton to meet the New Jersey transporter. Mary Jane held Clint as his next conveyance was prepared for him:


And then they were off. Clint will stay in NJ until weather permits the final leg of his journey, to a foster home in New York, which is apparently interested in adopting him permanently. I can't even imagine what the dog must be thinking. What a long, strange trip it's been.

3 comments:

Debbie Eades said...

Great pictures! Clint will be so happy. I wish we could get them ALL out of the shelters. Thanks for your stories...I enjoy reading them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brent! I just came across this blog and I look forward to reading more. I just rescued a new dog this week (my second).

Anonymous said...

Hey Brent!! It's Crystal. I adopted Baron a few years ago..but I had to return him because he had a terrible case of separtation anxiety. I hope all is well. I saw that Baron is in the picture w/ you..Please tell me he hasn't been returned. Please email me at crycal@gmail.com