Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hobby

This is Hobby, the dog dumped by his white trash Orange County owners after 8 years.   I picked him up from shelter in Orange on my way back from Gainesville today.  They had grown tired of him, "didn't have time for him" and put him outside in a small pen.  Unhappy with being separated and isolated from his people, he became a barker.  Big surprise.  OMG, people are stupid.

He's not neutered, of course.  The level of ignorance in rural Virginia is just astounding.

Today's adoption event in Gainesville was uneventful, except that I moved Beau to a new foster home.  It was Beau's first outing and I was very happy.  He was well behaved and got a lot of looks.  I think he will get adopted fairly quickly, which will be good for him and will open a spot in the foster home he went to, maybe for Hobby after I get him neutered. 

I had Thora and Luke along today as well.  I've sent off a new write up and pics of Thora for the website, I hope that will help. 

I don't know what happened to Trace (right) in his last home, but he is seriously not fond of children now.  He's gorgeous, but he may prove difficult to place.

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

Even if we accept for the moment that people will adopt a dog without thinking through the long-term responsibility, it always surprises me that people will readily shell out $1500 of their hard-earned money for a pet they will soon "get tired of." Go figure.