Saturday, October 1, 2011

Catching up

It's been a busy couple days, so I thought I'd better get caught up before I get too far behind.

Friday I brought home two new dogs.  The little one is called Benji, and I'd like to get him to another foster home that is better suited to small dogs.  He's cute, probably not more than 20 pounds.  I really just took him to make an empty run in the shelter, but I think he will be easy to place either in another foster home or with an adopter. 

The new shepherd is named Anthony.  He's the last of the hoarder dogs, from that low life Fluvanna white trash bitch, Jennifer Brooks.  He had gone to another rescue group and was doing well with everything and everyone in the home he was in, except one dog that he didn't like.  He's a little slow to warm up to strangers, but he's been fine with me and he's now getting to know Clay because he came indoors this evening along with Timber, Thora, and Ryland. 




Later Friday afternoon and evening I was at the VGSR golf tournament up near Front Royal.  It's our biggest single fundraising event of the year and is fun.  I don't play golf and I had to work Friday anyway, but I took off early and made it up there in time for the dinner, door prizes, and silent auction. 

A couple former fosters were there, including this handsome guy, Rocky.  Rosa is the dog with her back to us in the group of three shepherds with Helene.  These two dogs were both very fast placements.  I only had Rocky a few days.  He came in, got neutered, and got adopted all within the space of about 4 days.  Rosa got adopted within five minutes after I sent out her picture and profile to the group.  So both of these dogs were very short timers.









Saturday morning I had to finish up the work I didn't get done on Friday and then Clay and I went to Old Farm Day at Pleasant Grove and walked around for a while. When we got home I loaded up the canoe and headed for the river.  All that rain has at least got the river up and running nicely.  It was afternoon so I didn't expect to see too much wildlife, but I had the river pretty much to myself.  I spotted this osprey, a great blue hereon, a
green heron, and near the end of the trip, the river otters!  I saw more of them this time, popping their heads up out of the water to look at me looking at them.  There were at least three of them and I think I would have had pictures but I was aiming too high and got nothing but river bank and bushes.

On Sunday, Timber is going to his new home.  I may be getting a dog back early next week (after 6 years), and there is a new female golden retriever pup headed my way soon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just added this webpage to my feed reader, great stuff. Can not get enough!