Sunday, October 16, 2011

Reunion Sunday

Today was VGSR's annual reunion held at Lake Fairfax park in northern Virginia.   All VGSR alumni dogs and their owners were invited.  It was a perfect day for it--clear blue sky and less windy than yesterday.    Radley was quiet last night so I got a solid 8 hours sleep (which is nearly unprecedented for me) and I'm glad I did because it's a long drive, but it was well worth the trip.  Quite a few of my former foster dogs were there and here are their pictures.

Brita with her family
Anthony (left) is still in foster care
but may be getting adopted soon.
(The dog on the right is Echo,
not one of mine, but a great dog.)



Buddy
Sadie





Jeff--He has a bum leg but he is all smiles, kisses, and love.
He is the returning champion in the bobbing for hotdogs event.

Markus
Tessa



Justin

Rambo--I adopted him out, he got returned and is in
another foster home for now.  Great dog, sweet and playful.
Fritz, the long haired shepherd from Nelson County.
He was shaved down but the hair is growing back nicely.

Dusty, so very pretty and
very devoted to her mom.
Colby and her family

Rikku was insane when I had her as a foster.
She is now a certified therapy dog.
Max was adopted by Risa, who had fostered my Gypsy
many years ago.


Mixing business with pleasure, this is Trace, who was returned to me today. 
The former adopter brought him to the reunion to drop him off.
He's a great dog and will re-adopt readily--to a home without children.


This is Bob, who organized the reunion again this year.
The dog is Timber, who was adopted by Bob and Pam at the reunion today.

3 comments:

BudsBuddy said...

Happy, happy day!

Maryo said...

I'm really enjoying your blog and, as an added bonus, was delighted to find that great picture of Dusty in your most recent entry.

Brent said...

@Maryo: Send me your email address, mine is vadogrescue@aol.com. I have some other pictures of Dusty you might like to have.