Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dogs after dark

Thora, on the tall platform in her kennel.
She can see most of the pasture from up there.
These pics were taken Saturday evening after I finished doing some mowing.  I had Cabell, Bremo, and Zachary out for a good long romp, then put them back in the house and let Hobby, Trace, Mercedes, Ryland, and Willy out to the pasture.  Willy (the boxer) didn't last long because he was majorly aggressive towards the mower.  I've never had a dog go after a riding mower the way he did, biting the tires, etc.  It clearly wasn't safe to have him around the mower.  He was so worked up I had to put him into a crate in the shed to get him to give up the chase.
 
Ryland, returning from his romp in the pasture.
Everyone else had a good run.  Ryland went off on his own, but the three shepherds stuck pretty close together (since they all share one brain). 


Sunday was the VGSR quarterly meeting.  It was blessedly brief and free of conflct.  Elections were held and I got a director's position on the board, two year term.  If I had been smart I would have gone for the one year position instead. 

I came back with a car load of dog food, treats, toys, and other things that people brought and donated.  I had put out a request for dog food and people in the rescue are always very generous when I ask for help.

That trip ate up most of the day and I didn't move any dogs this weekend, but Hobby is being adopted on Monday and Trace is going next weekend.  I don't have much else to say, so here are a few more pictures I took Saturday evening out in the pasture.

Hobby (front), Mercedes (rear), and Trace (right)


Front to back: Mercedes, Trace, Hobby

Trace (left) and Mercedes (right)
Trace
Mercedes (front) and Hobby (rear)

3 comments:

BudsBuddy said...

Our first rottie would chase and bite at anything with tires: lawn mowers, bicycles, wheelbarrows, vacuum cleaners. Not cars fortunately! I don't remember if she eventually got over it or if we just learned to work around this issue.

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I searched for one on facebook or twitter but could not discover one, I’d really like to become a fan!
My travel blog [url=http://50toptraveldestinations.blogspot.com/]Top Travel Destinations[/url].

Sara Lahmann said...

Congratulations on the new position. I hope the two years are quiet.