Monday, June 4, 2012

Stupid, stupid, stupid

 
Sparky may be the major beneficiary of my garden plot.


I'm an idiot.  I don't have time for my job and the committments I've already taken on.  The last thing I needed was another.  But now I have a plot in the Fluvanna Community Garden. 

It's a mess, completely taken over by weeds.  They had laid down some landscape fabric sometime recently to keep the weeds down, but it looks to me that all it's done is provide some shade for the weeds.  I'll need to haul my tiller up there and turn the soil, mix in some peatmoss, and then lay down landscape fabric that will actually cover the ground and prevent weed re-growth.  I'm just going to cover the entire plot and cut slits in it for planting.

I'll probably just plant tomatoes, which I could grow at home or buy anywhere so don't ask me why I just rented a plot in a community garden.  There is no explaination for it except that I'm stupid.  But, it may provide an incentive to get me up there several times a week for a walk either before or after I tend the plot and harvest my plentiful bounty. 
This is my garden plot.  Lovely, isn't it?

As predicted, I am sore today, but Sparky and I returned to the trail (near the garden) for just a short 30 minute walk.  I sprayed myself well, I thought, but Clay just pulled a tick off my back.

The puppies have worms.  They got a third dose of panacure today, does Panacure not work on roundworms?  I know that Strongid is generally used for rounds, but I thought Panacure would cover them too.  They are getting speutered tomorrow, I had to give them names for the records, so I went with Astro, Luna, and Sunny.

I like the concept of a community garden, and I think it might be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You aren't stupid! You just like taking on challenges! :-)

BudsBuddy said...

Maybe renting a community garden plot is like adopting a dog: if you list the pros and cons it doesn't appear to make sense, but there are intangibles that are hard to quantify ... enjoy!