Tuesday, June 12, 2012

To the vet with Radix

I took Radix to the vet today for an exam.  He's almost 10 years old although he doesn't look or act like it.  He does seem to pant excessively, however, so I wanted him to get a good going over. 
His heart and lungs sounded fine.  We took two chest xrays and they both looked good, nothing abnormal appeared. 

He was fine and friendly, even good for the blood draw.  We'll have those results in a couple days.

He did test positive for Lyme, however, so he'll be getting a course of doxycycline, but basically he checked out well. 

He may just be overly anxious and excitable. When he lays down he closes his mouth and is quiet. Seems that he may just be a mouth breather. 

4 comments:

Sue said...

Positive for Lyme? Well join the club, buddy. That could affect his breathing.

Anonymous said...

He really is an adorable guy! My guy is a heavy breather too- I think it's excitement.

Risa said...

Love the hummingbird pix! Radix is a big handsome fellow. Hope he recovers quickly.

BudsBuddy said...

My rottie is also a heavy breather, especially when riding in the car. I think he gets overheated easily, he usually settles down if I put on the a/c. He is also prone to drooling heavily on my shoulder; he's really quite the charmer ;)