Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cooper, Coke, and Cookies

 
Dixie, so smart, so attentive
Hank
I went to the VGSR adoption event in Gainesville today.  I took Hank, Max, Dixie, and the three pups.  One pup (Luna) went home with one of our volunteers and I took Astro to someone in Warrenton after I left the event, leaving me with just one puppy.  The three adults were good but we had no real prospects on them from what I could tell.  Everyone was hot and tired by the time it was over.  The two pups went to good homes, though, and I'm happy about that. 

Krypto, f/k/a Woody the parvo pup, came by for a visit.  He's just about eight months old now and will be taking the Canine Good Citizen test soon.  The part that gives him trouble is being separated from his person. 













Krypto, both ears up
Max, Krypto, and Dixie
Max was good, but oh my god he was so attached to me and so needy.  He has some anxiety in new situations and around new people.  He was fine as long as he was with me.

Dixie was good.  She rode in the front seat with me on the way up and back.  She's a good front seat passenger. 

Hank had a good time, as he always does.








Max needs a person, he's very devoted.
Puppies played in the shade

x














 












When I got home Cooper was here.  He's a former foster from about ten years ago who has stayed with us periodically when his family had big changes happening.  They are now moving back to Georgia and he's with us for about a month. 
Cooper
I came home, got all the fosters settled, and then did introductions with Cooper and the household dogs.  He knows Cabell and Bremo and he was fine with the others.  I'm bringing a fourth crate up to the office to accomodate Cooper along with Radix, Vince, and Trooper.  Max and Dixie are going to start spending nights in the shed for a while.  I came upstairs with Cooper, and big bottle of Diet Coke, and a box of cookies to relax and cool off. 
Cooper meeting Bremo




No comments: