Friday, January 18, 2013

Mail bag



This is Clark, formerly Cooper
This is the dog we called the Appalachian Wanderer
with his new owner and new brother, a lab.  He is now
called Bently.  They train service dogs.
I am slowly, very slowly, working my way backwards through about six weeks of email that came in during the time I had my head buried in the sand.  It wasn't entirely avoidance on my part.  The canine diarrhea started when we came back from Thanksgiving.  From that time on I was battling diarrhea, worms, and coccidia in the majority of the dogs around here, and picking up poop as quick as it fell, trying to get everything under control before the boarders started coming.  Between all that and christmas, I had my hands full, so email went unanswered, and even unread.  That's my rationalization anyway and I'm sticking to it. 

Getting back to it has been slow, however, and my rationalization ran out when the last boarder went home back at the beginning of January.  I'll come up with a new one, that's what creative people do. 

This is Jack, adopted out as a pup,
returned due to new baby.  He's a senior
dog but found a new life with a great owner.
Some of the email held pleasant surprises, however, and here are some of the pics of former fosters I discovered in my inbox.








 


This is Ryland (left) and Gynger (right).  He was a non-shepherd  Animal Connections dog I took in from the Fluvanna shelter when they had that German Shepherd hoarding case. 

Gynger was a VGSR shepherd, cute, young, and sweet.  They were both adopted out the same day to the same couple.  That was a first for me, I think, one dog from each group to the same people on the same day.













Hans (left) and Reilly (right) are two shepherds adopted out to the same woman at different times.   These two have it made.  They should all be so lucky.  




These last two pics are of Koa, half of a pair of shepherd brothers that I had a while back.
Koa goes places, and looks good doing it, even when wet.





3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay Ryland! Hope he's loving his home :)

Anonymous said...

And these photos are the reason that we do what we do in rescue. Great photos of happy dogs.

BudsBuddy said...

Great work!