Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter weather

Sun hitting the tree tops on the morning after the snow.
We had four days of rain and two days before that where it was so cloudy, damp, and foggy that it was almost raining.  The dismal string of days ended with some snow, not much, but at least it got cold enough to freeze up the mud at night.  I was certainly happy to see the sun again, and so were the dogs.  They were bored being stuck inside all the time.



Trooper enjoying the sun from his sentry post






































If there's anything good to be said about four days of rain, it's that the river was full once again.  Saturday afternoon I did my usual float trip down the Rivanna.  It wasn't record speed, mostly because of a headwind that I was battling off and on, but I made it about three hours.  It was afternoon so there wasn't a lot of wildlife to be seen, but lots of ducks, geese, and kingfishers.  I found a floating football that I brought home for Hercules too. 

Geese taking flight







No comments: