Thursday, January 31, 2013

Winter feed

Zeus, waiting for his food.
Someone is coming to meet Zeus
this weekend.
Food is fuel for the dogs in the winter and it is especially important for the outdoor fosters.  I like it if I can get by with feeding just once a day, but in the winter everyone eats twice.  Everyone except Zachary, that is, because I'm not about to do anything that might upset his sensitive shepherd digestive system.

 
Augie, Lana, and Barack all eat together,
very quickly.
I don't like feeding after dark, however, and winter days are short so the two meals aren't exactly evenly spaced.  They typically eat about 7:30 - 8:00 a.m., and again about 4:00 - 4:30 p.m. so everyone has plenty of opportunity to poop and pee before going in for the night.


Here's a few pics of the evening feed.

Barack learned to eat as soon as the
food is put in front of him.
Lana and Augie have both put on some weight
and look good right now.





You can't see it very clearly, but Hercules
is munching down on a raw chicken back.
He's been getting them the last couple days
and he loves them.  He stole this one from
his dish before I gave it to him.


Both Herc and Riley are getting the pancreatic enzyme
supplement now but only Herc is getting the raw food.
If he gains weight but Riley doesn't I'll start giving her
the raw chicken backs too. 


A very happy Trooper waiting for his food dish.


Trooper eats on his sentry platform.


Gigi is gaining some weight now too.  She's eating twice a day, including some of
Zachary's Bravo raw food, Taste of the Wild dry food, and brown rice with chicken that
I cook up for her, Cabell, and myself.

Lady and Vince eat together, outside the dog yard, on the new boardwalk that I built.
He tried going after her food, just once. 

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

Glad to hear Zeus has a potential suitor. He looks like a happy and friendly boy, I hope he finds his forever home soon. And all the others too of course.