Friday, November 21, 2014

I am Groot!

I am Groot!
I  had Friday off from work so I used it to drive Groot to his new home. I had met these folks at an adoption event in Gainesville a couple weeks ago and liked everything I heard from them. Groot has a new sister named Bella, a female shepherd just about his age. They were concerned that she might be too dominant, but she was fine with Groot and I assured them that Maya occasionally kicked his butt and it would be good for him if Bella did the same. The two dogs took to playing together as soon as we let them off leash. Bella needed a companion her own speed and Groot needed a dog to show him the ropes in family life.

They've got about six fenced acres, plenty of room for the dogs to run off their adolescent energy. There's a senior mastiff mix in the household as well, and he was a bit more challenging of Groot, but they were fine. They have a couple kids too. Groot landed well.

I probably held onto him longer than I needed to, but it was worth it to find the right home.

Bella is a bit of an acrobat and an aerialist.
She doesn't feel the need to confine her legs
to the ground.



This placement should be good for both of them.


I love that head and face.

The big guy's name is Jeb.


On my way home I stopped at the Orange County shelter to meet a new dog. Groot had come from this shelter back in September and they contacted me again just yesterday. I'm not going to take the dog myself but she will be going to another foster home with Promises Animal Rescue.

This girl has no name but was picked up in Orange and charged with harassing chickens. Apparently that's a capital offense so she needs to get out of town and start a new life with a new identity. Her stray hold is up tomorrow and it's doubtful that anyone will claim her since the chicken related charge would follow her.

Sweet girl, probably less than a year, full of puppy energy, especially after being in the shelter for 10 days.



No comments: