Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ochie's vet day

At the vet's office
Out on the trail.
I've had Ochie long enough that it was time to update his vaccines. That all went well enough, but he tested positive for heartworm. That's obviously not good news although he's still asymptomatic. I checked the paperwork and there's no indication that he had been tested in the past so he may have come with heartworms and I just didn't know it. In any event, we'll get him treated after Thanksgiving.

He enjoyed the walk and this cold weather
doesn't bother him a bit.
After the vet appointment, Ochie and I did a four mile walk on the Rivanna River Trail in Charlottesville. He was surprisingly good on leash, I just wish that all the other dogs we encountered had been on leash as well.
4+ miles with Ochie

My weight was down a couple pounds since I was last at the vet just over a week ago. That's not bad, I guess, but it's still not where I wanted to be before Thanksgiving. I've got another week.




It was cold and windy but it was
clear and a very pretty day.
Trooper wanted to go today but he
is slow. Maya pulled him.
Earlier in the day I had taken Maya and Trooper out on the Fluvanna Heritage Trail. Since it was cold and windy no one else was out in the morning so we walked the area near the dog park, which we usually avoid.












Panorama picture taken at the sandy beach on the Rivanna River
Maya wading in the river
4+ miles with Trooper and Maya
















No comments: