Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Walking in Tandem

Toquima isn't fast but he's good on a
leash and I don't have to worry if we
encounter others on the trail.
I'm feeling the need to walk as many dogs as possible, as much as possible, both for their sake and for my own. And I'm feeling strong enough to walk two dogs at once, so just taking one at a time seems like a waste, unless it's Sparky. He's enough dog all by himself.
Toquima in the watering hole.

We did meet up with some
folks on horses. I just pulled
the dogs off the trail and let
them pass. Neither dog reacted.
Toquima went back home on Monday evening, but during the day I got him out for a nice seven mile walk together with Maya.

It's supposed to turn cold later this week, so I figured I should be getting out as much as possible while it's still so nice.


On Tuesday I set out to do two more walks with Maya in tandem with another dog, for four miles each. After walking Maya twice for a total of eight miles, I thought I would be able to leave her home alone while I finished up with another four miles with Sparky by himself. Eight miles must be her magic number because when I got home with Sparky nothing had been eaten, shredded, or stolen.






































Maya and Groot, alerting on a deer.



Barkley and Maya



Barkley and Maya, running

Barkley in the watering hole.

Sparky, having a roll in the grass



Sparky posing on a bench.

Tuesday's route, 12.49 miles

Monday's route, 7 miles with Maya and Toquima

No comments: