Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cold but sunny

I'll take a cold and sunny day over a rainy day of any temperature, anytime. Yesterday I had done two walks and felt winded and fatigued after the second one. But I had a good night's sleep, my cold is waning, and I discovered that "behind-the-counter" Sudafed is a miracle nasal decongestant. Thanks to the goddamn redneck meth heads, you can't get decent over-the-counter cold remedies any more, but they still sell the real stuff behind the pharmacy counter, without a prescription, if you don't try to buy enough to cook up a batch of meth for your local trailer park. Invigorated by fully oxygenated blood, the cold air, and sunshine, I set out on a full afternoon of dog wrangling.

I started with Maya and Diesel, who have come to expect and demand their daily walk.
















Then it was a trio, Maya, Daisy, and the new lab, Scooby.
Scooby was particularly excited to go.

L to R: Daisy, Scooby, and Maya
































Next, everyone's favorite couple:  Maya and Trooper.


Sunshine makes everything better.
































And finally, Maya and (Mad) Max.

I'm teaching Maya the words "right" and "left" to indicate
which way to go when there's a fork in the trail. 
Maya will walk with any other dog as long
as I'm on the other end of her leash.




Today's route was about 6.5 miles.

On the final walk of the day, I found
tracks from the first walk we had done.
Diesel's footprints are easy to spot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only a good loving dad would recognize his boys paw prints in the mud.....and photograph them. So happy you both found each other :)