Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Scooby

I'm not having much luck with adoptions lately and Clay is already betting that Diesel will be staying (although I'm not planning on it), so I decided to take in a lab. That's a no-brainer, right?  How can I fail to find an adopter for a lab?  Who doesn't love a lab?  Well, that's what I'm counting on.
This blur is Trooper (left) and Maya
(front) meeting Scooby. He was fine
with everyone right from the start.

Actually, I've only fully committed to keeping this guy for Promises Animal Rescue for a week, if another foster can be found, but if he ends up here as a foster I'm fine with that. He arrived Monday evening, along with two others (they went elsewhere), from that same shelter in Frankfort, Kentucky where Fanny came from. 


His name is Scooby and/or Jude.  Although I've always loved the name Jude since reading Thomas Hardy's "Jude the Obscure," I'm thinking that this guy seems more like a Scooby.  I'm not sure why he arrived with two names and he doesn't seem to answer to either of them. 


He's a young dog, about three years old and his paperwork has him listed as a Dane/Lab mix. He's probably a Lab mix of some sort, but I'm not sure I see any Great Dane there. He's a nice dog, friendly, good with other dogs, sits on command, and he was fine with his first night in a crate. He seems to be very food motivated. He was staring at me intently because I was eating animal crackers while I was taking these pictures. Even Diesel and Daisy sat for me.










No comments: