Sunday, January 18, 2015

If you say run, I'll run with you

Sunday started out chilly but warmed up pretty nicely. It was raining a bit early in the morning, but when that let up, I headed out to the trails with Sparky and Maya. We did five miles at a pretty good pace because Sparky hadn't been out in a couple of days. We had the place to ourselves at that time and we like that.










I drove home and dropped off Sparky and picked up Trooper to take his place. He and Maya and I did another two miles or so. The trails were frozen in some spots, muddy in others, and most of it was somewhere in between. Maya is great at picking a route along the trail that minimizes her contact with mud so I usually just follow her. 







I drove home again and was planning to drop off both Trooper and Maya and pick up two new dogs. Maya had other plans. She wasn't done yet and refused to get out of the van. So I just picked up Daisy in place of Trooper and the three of us set off for another two miles.








At this point, Maya had done nine miles or more and I decided that was enough for her. I was beginning to feel it myself and wasn't sure I wanted to wrangle two fresh dogs at this point. I left Maya and Daisy at home and took Barkley out solo. He and I did over three miles and except for an unfortunate tendency to stop in front of me when I'm still moving, he did pretty well. After getting run into by me a couple times he figured out to either keep moving or at least stay out of my way.





















I decided to finish the day with a Great Dane walk. HRH Gigi agreed to come along, mostly because I didn't tell her where we were going. When we arrived at the starting point, she then refused to get out of the van. I insisted and she reluctantly agreed. Diesel was wanting to go but we kept it short, just over a mile because Gigi wasn't into it, and Diesel has a swelling scrotum so I didn't want him to have too much activity.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just reading your blog makes me tired!