Monday, January 19, 2015

An easy day

I did 13-14 miles yesterday and I was feeling it this morning, so I decided early that this would be an easy day. I knew I needed to get out and walk off the stiffness, but I also knew I couldn't handle another long or fast hike. I took Maya and Max (because Max had been left out of yesterday's walks) and we did a litter pick up walk at Pleasant Grove. Handling two dogs and picking up trash was a bit of a challenge, but we didn't go very far (2.6 miles) or very fast.  
One of several bags of trash I collected.

Mostly it was trash that had blown from the mowed areas to the edges of the taller, uncut grass. And beer cans in the bushes, plenty of beer cans. All I can say is that it's true when they say that bad people drink bad beer. They were mostly Coors and Natural Light, some PBR, and nearly all in tall cans.
Diesel meeting a new dog.

Later, I called Erica to discuss Diesel's swollen scrotum, among other things, and she was just heading out on a hike with her kids so I joined them with Diesel and Maya. We had a nice visit, and a slow and easy 2.5 mile walk. It was easy for me, anyway, how she manages it with two kids I'll never know.

A good size comparison between Maya and Diesel.
She can and does walk right under him when he's in her way.
Diesel is feeling better, wanting to play, and is being more vocal. He's scratching a lot still and I wish I could give him a good bath but I think I should wait until it's been 10 days after his neuter anyway.

Erica took some pictures of me with the dogs, and these are a couple of the better ones.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All this walking is making you look buff! Go you!

So I had to giggle as Diesel does look like a horse! Maya looks like a dainty lil' pup standing next to Diesel!! So cute!