Tuesday, January 27, 2015

First snow

Trooper
Today was the first snow we've had here that was more than a heavy frost, and it wasn't much more. Not that I'm complaining, although I do wish it would get cold enough to freeze the mud.
That's Groot on the left heading into the A-frame, being
chased by Daisy and Barkley. The flying blur is Trooper.

It was enough to get the dogs riled up on their morning romp, however. The pictures are blurry because it wasn't fully light yet and the dogs were moving, of course, and I didn't use a flash like I should have. So the pics are poor but you can still see the fun.



L to R: Groot, Barkley, and Daisy
Barkley in the back and that's
Charlie in the front.



The lab boy, Scooby, on the
front porch of the shed. He will
play with the others but he's not
really into the rough play style.

I thought that Groot had lost weight when he
came back, so I'm feeding both him and Barkley
two large meals each day and I'm worming them
both again too just for fun.



I've been fighting a cold this week so I haven't been getting in as many miles on the trails as I would like. About mid-day I took Diesel and Maya out for a short two miler; Clay came along with us and walked Trooper. Later in the afternoon I did a three mile walk with Maya and Max. Sparky is getting shortchanged this week, but I just don't have the energy and stamina for a Sparky walk right now.

Diesel had a little relapse of soft poo the other day.
I think it was because he found and chewed a marrow
bone that is not part of his diet. He fasted for a day
and is back on food now, and metronidazole.
 































It was still cloudy and cool for our first walk, but by the time I went
out with Maya and Max, the sun was shining. The snow is long gone.
I hope to get Clay out with us more often; it means more dogs get
walked and it was nice to have someone to talk to who pretended to listen.




No comments: