Monday, January 5, 2015

Walking multiples

This is the puppy, Fanny (left),
with Maya. Fanny may be adopted soon.
Diesel and Maya
Walking with multiple dogs never results in my fastest times. Dealing with more than one dog on a walk just slows things down. Instead of one dog stopping to poop or pee, there's two, maybe three. More than one dog increases the chances that at any given time one of the dogs will be distracted by something and try to head off in a different direction. Handling two or three dogs does give my arms and back more of a workout, but sometimes it's more than I really want. Still, I like walking multiples because it gets more dogs more exercise, and it's good training and socialization for those that need it.
Daisy with Maya down by the river.

Maya is always part of any multiple
dog walk.
The weather has been wet and muddy, so I've mostly been walking on high and dry portions of the trails, rather than the woodland routes. It's times like this that I wish it would just get cold enough to freeze the mud and it sounds like we will be getting that weather very soon.
Trooper with Maya




Check out the ears as a clue to social position.  Maya on the right, ears straight up,
Fanny, the pup, on the left, ears back in a submissive posture. Daisy, middle, ears in the middle. 



Diesel and Max in the pasture.


I take a lot of pictures of Diesel, I know, but he's a great looking dog and he's not going
to be around for very long. 




No comments: