Thursday, May 19, 2016

Incoming

I've been back since Sunday night and already have three incoming dogs.

You may have seen this dog on Facebook. I think he's a young, male shepherd, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that. All I know for sure is that he's in Elizabethtown, KY, trying to make his way to me in Virginia. Promises Animal Rescue has been trying to arrange a flight for him with Pilots N Paws or some similar group, but so far without success. He's a young, good looking dog, should be an easy placement, but I've said that many times in the past and have been proved wrong.

















I met this dog today and she's coming to me tomorrow. Her name is Samantha. She's 14 years old, and is the result of an unlikely mating between a rottweiler and a beagle. She's a sweet old girl and she needs a retirement home. I'm not really contemplating placing her with any rescue group, I think she's coming to stay, and I rarely say that right from the start. In fact, I don't think I've ever said that. If I could find someone who is looking for a sweet, easy-going dog, who can offer her a better life than I can, I'd let her go, but I'm realistic about the chances of placing a 14 year old dog.

Maya met her today and she didn't have a problem with her. I can't imagine that anyone else in our pack will either. She'd make a perfect companion for Vince, who is about the same age and speed.

She's 14, but she's in good health, has a smile on her face and a spring in her step.







And then there's Finn. He has been in boarding to keep him quiet and off his broken leg. He's got a follow up vet appointment next week, and if he's in the clear, he will be coming back here as a foster with Green Dogs Unleashed.

He was a sweet little boy even with a painful broken leg. I look forward to seeing him again when he's free and fit to be a dog.

In addition to these guys, Scarlett and Toquima are both coming back to stay for a few days next week too. Empty nest syndrome is never a problem around here.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Samantha is adorable! I am so glad she is going to be safe with you and your pack. I love these seniors and it's just a great feeling to know she is with you! Thank you for all that you do! You are amazing!!