Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Kaya's Very Big Day

This is a nice, happy, smiley face.
I woke up at 4:00 a.m. because my schedule is messed up. I got up and started work though because I had a lot to do to before getting Kaya to her vet appointment at 9:00 a.m. The adopters met me there and sat in on the vet visit and exam. Kaya had gained about six pounds since her last vet visit. She tested negative for heartworms and her stool sample was free of parasites. She checked out all the way around and we scheduled her spay appointment for one day next week. The adopters filled out the Promises adoption contract and took her home.
She was bit nervous when we first arrived,
but she was good for the tests and exam.

She kept coming over to me for a
sense of security. I like that.
That was just the beginning of her day, of course. She was nervous with the new people so they stopped at a park and did a short walk, which she enjoyed. They went to a pet store and got her a new ID tag. They've walked more since getting her home, of course, and she finally collapsed for a much needed nap. She has met kids and a cat and did well with them all. They ran into Daphne's owner at a coffee shop in Crozet, who recognized Kaya from my blog.

Everything is new to Kaya. She came from a rural area and was comfortable with outdoor things but she knows nothing of life in the larger human world. They described her as cautious but inquisitive; both traits should serve her well.









I only had her since Saturday. It didn't
take either of us long to bond. She's a
very sweet girl.



No comments: