Thursday, September 14, 2017

All quiet tonight

I did two short hikes today, exercising five dogs. It was very humid again today, without a breath of wind, so it felt hotter than it actually was. Two miles in this weather was enough for all the senior dogs.

The first walk was Maya, Trooper, and TJ. That group walks very well together and TJ and Trooper are pretty evenly matched in terms of their stamina in this heat. TJ is pretty good for most any distance as long as there's not too much uphill. Trooper was pretty excited to be out and we ended up doing about 2.5 miles.

Next it was Maya, Sparky, and Gigi. We only did about 1.5 miles but I think Gigi and Sparky felt that was plenty. The dogs would have gone farther if I had asked them, but the truth is, I felt it was far enough.

I'm predicting an early bed time and a sound night's sleep for all of us.



This plant was on a route I've walked many times
but this was the first time I've seen it and I have
not seen another one like it. It was about 3 feet
tall and covered in orange flowers.

I really need to dig out my wildflower books.

Maya, TJ, and Trooper. These three really do walk well together.
















This was the best I could manage for a group shot with these
three today. Even Gigi wasn't interested in posing for the camera.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Impatiens capensis, aka jewelweed, aka touch-me-not

Brent said...

Thank you!