Friday, September 15, 2017

Power Walk

Walk softly and lead a big shepherd. 

I have a bad case of tail envy. I think we got short changed
by evolution on this feature.
I've been working up to this walk for the past couple of weeks. Max can be difficult to walk by himself. Add Theo and you've more than doubled the force. Maya was along to take charge of the combined shepherd brain.






































































This picture exaggerates Theo's size in relation to Max.
Theo was standing uphill and Max was crouching a bit.






Everyone made good use of the water crossings today.




































Deer alert

We did a little over five miles and the first two weren't too bad. Then we got into some woods near the river and away from where most people walk. Predictably, they spotted some deer. I was prepared, however, and I switched Max's leash from the harness he was wearing to a prong collar. Even then I had to keep him on a short leash right by my side to keep him under control. I took Theo's leash and did the under belly loop which must be uncomfortable because it really slowed him down. 





Here you can see the way I've looped the leash around Theo's
waist. It made it possible to control him.










Cutting off a shepherd's ears in a picture
is a cardinal sin, but it's still a nice close
up of Theo's face.
It was a good walk and they should sleep well tonight.
I expect to be sore tomorrow.











No comments: