Thursday, September 21, 2017

Felix visit: hike, play, sleep

Felix has been visiting this week. I finally got him out for a hike with Maya on Wednesday. We went over five miles and clocked the fastest pace we've had since we had cold weather last spring or winter. I wanted to get in the miles, but the pace is totally attributable to Felix.

Felix likes to set a fast pace, but he also likes to stop frequently, to sniff, mark, or lay in the shade. After the first couple of miles he finally realized that I don't play that game, we were out there to MOVE. I did take a couple breaks in shade spots and a longer one when we hit the water.

























Felix would occasionally pick a shady spot, stop, lay down,
and proceed to roll on the grass, while I was still walking.

Thistles in bloom








Nice picture of my little girl, Maya






We had covered over three miles before our first water
crossing so it was very welcome. We stayed for several minutes.
Felix didn't stand in the water and drink like most dogs,
he laid down in it, which is great for cooling off.

This was one of our authorized stops in the shade.




 Clay and I went to Richmond in the afternoon and I'm sure Maya and Felix slept, but Felix was fully recharged when we got back home in the evening. Here he is playing with TJ.

The two boys had a pretty good play session. Most of the
pictures are nothing but blurs. 
TJ is getting a little better at dealing with new dogs.
That's sort of a must in our household. He had no
problem with Felix and even initiated the play.



TJ occupying one of the dog beds on the floor next to my side of the bed.

Felix and TJ. The only one not happy about this was Vince because he's usually on one of these
two beds next to me and he gets worried if they are taken by other dogs. 

No comments: