Monday, January 22, 2018

Closeness

Maya and Theo on Sunday morning.
I've remarked on several occasions how Maya tends to walk pressed up against Trooper. She does it with other dogs as well, although not as much as she does with Trooper. I think she does it with me too, or tries to at least. I don't often walk dogs without Maya, but I can't think that I've seen any of them press up against another dog unless the trail is so narrowly restricted as to require it. Nor do other dogs appear to initiate the behavior with Maya; it seems to be a behavior peculiar to her. I don't know what it means.


Maya and TJ, Monday afternoon







These pictures were taken while we
were in motion; she is just that close.
Maya often drops back and walks either
right behind or beside me.



The Rivanna seemed higher today. I think the
ground is warming and releasing some of the
moisture that has been frozen in there.



TJ's footprint in mud


No comments: