Friday, January 26, 2018

Tennessee Blue

One of the incoming dogs I was expecting got adopted out of the shelter she was in (the female GSD). I mentioned this to Erika (Green Dogs) the other day and also said that I'd be a soft touch for a Great Dane in need if one happened to come across her path. Less than 48 hours later, a large, intact, blue Dane is in our home.

His name is Tennessee Blue. He responds to that, or Tenny, or Tenny Blue, or just "hey you." He's 125 pounds of sugar, very sweet, good with the pack around here, good indoors, good with dogs, cats, and really good with small children. He can see and hear, no apparent disabilities. He will probably lose 5 pounds next week when he's neutered, but his very substantial testicles are really only an issue with TJ as far as I can tell.

He's in the big Great Dane crate in the kitchen tonight, (thanks Bob!). He's not too happy at the moment because he's accustomed to sleeping with one of the kids from his former home, but I hope he will settle down soon.

More to come, but for now he seems like a nice boy.




Meeting Trooper and Theo on the porch of the dog yard shed.

Theo, checking out the new guy.
Trooper is a good judge of canine character and he approved.


Jackie meeting Tenny Blue
Maya claimed his crate, just to show him.


Meeting Sparky with Maya ready to run
interference, if necessary (it wasn't).


His head is right at counter height.

1 comment:

SS in VA said...

Hi I sent you an email( I hope). We’ve had four danes and lost our last to cancer a year ago. He was just four and it broke our hearts. We are ready for another. I’d love to talk to you about Tenny Blue! Could you let me know if you got the email? Thks