Thursday, January 4, 2018

Some better news


Griffin, the deaf white boxer, has been living strictly indoors since Rex got adopted. That's been challenging because he has had diarrhea and seems to be losing weight rather than gaining it. And then he started vomiting. I wormed him and then got him back onto the food that supposedly worked for him. He's also been getting metronidazole, albon, pepsid, and the occasional anti-diarrheal drug. I've feeding him smaller amounts of food, four times a day. Yesterday he finally had some firmed up poop, and it's better today, and there's been no more vomiting now for the past three days. He's pretty good indoors although he spends most of his time in his crate because he annoys all the older dogs. There is also an interested applicant for Griff who already has one deaf, white boxer with dietary issues. When I'm convinced that he's on the road to recovery, I hope we can make an adoption happen.



Jackie is still doing very well, although I think she's still urinating frequently, and often indoors, although I'm not always sure if it's been her or another dog. She's still been on antibiotics and will continue for another course of treatment. I hope to get her stitches removed on Friday and get another urine sample tested. The best news is that the lab results were good, very good in fact, but I don't know any details and hope to learn more about that on Friday too.







Rex seems to be doing well in his new home, which was very welcome news. The two dogs have shared a sofa. Rex is obsessed with tennis balls and has one with him at all times. It sounds like things are going very well there. 

I don't think I ever reported this one because I didn't get any pictures, but Carly got a new home back in December. It's a home that I've adopted 3-4 rotties to in the past, so I felt good about this placement.

Because I can use all the good news I can get right now, I had a message from the adopter of Otis recently, saying that he's doing great, the whole family adores him, and he doesn't know a stranger or a dog that he doesn't like.  




































I got a photo and a message the day after Christmas from Champ's new home, saying that he's working out great. The dogs all play together, rough and loud, rottweiler style, but everyone gets along and he's as happy as can be.

 
Nora was the only family member on her family's Christmas card.


Here's a picture of Rocco (the shepherd) playing in a dog park with friends in Crozet. Everytime I get a new picture of him I'm struck again with what a handsome dog he is. 

And finally, here's Athena. Like Gigi, she's a true goddess and the guardian of several (3 or 4?) children in her new home. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The success stories are the best part of rescue. Nothing like photos of happy dogs with their families for a nice warm feeling.

Byron's Mom said...

Sending lots of hugs to you.