Thursday, January 25, 2018

Three miles

It seems that the three miler is becoming my standard hike. There's enough time to fit it in before dark, and it's short enough for the seniors, Trooper and TJ, but still enough activity for Maya or Theo. It's not as much exercise as I need to be getting, but it's better than nothing and I hope to fit in a few longer ones at least occasionally.

I took Trooper, Sparky, and Maya out for a slow and easy three miles the other day, but even that was really too much for Sparky. He jumps and bounces around the yard, but once we start walking he huffs and puffs like it's really hard on him. And he had trouble keeping up towards the end, so if I take Sparky again, it's going to be on very short walks. He's happy being indoors most of the time so I don't really feel bad about not taking him. He's the dog who really got me started walking years ago though. I owe him more than I can ever repay.
Sparky's harness is actually too
big for him now. He's not as bulky
as he once was.


Maya hunting small prey in tall grass.















No comments: