Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Day, Part 1, Snow Shepherds

This is the kind of snow I like: three to four inches, light, dry, fluffy, and gone tomorrow.

The prettiest pictures will be had tomorrow morning when the sun hits the snow before it begins to melt, but I'll be working and will probably miss most of that. I was hoping it would clear off this afternoon, but the snow and clouds lasted longer than originally predicted.
The balls didn't bounce and roll in the
snow and Theo usually had a snowy snout
from retrieving them, but he didn't mind.

When I took Max and Theo to the pasture to play ball it was still snowing and the wind was blowing. It was cold and I didn't last too long, but long enough to get some snow shepherd pictures. Later in the afternoon I took TJ and Maya for hike. The wind had gone down but it was still cloudy. I'll share those pictures tomorrow in part 2.

Max hears a different drummer most of the time, but he
engaged and played with Theo off and on.





This is Max, facing the classic shepherd
conundrum, stick or ball?
There's the ball you see hanging outside
his mouth and another one further back.

Theo (left) and Max (right). On a cloudy day their colors
don't show much.




Max may be crazy, but he is one gorgeous shepherd.






Max with tennis ball

Max (left) has lost his ball in the snow
and is eyeing Theo (right) who has two.

I don't think I've ever gotten a picture looking
directly into the tip of a tail like this.




Max on the run. When we first got him, he couldn't run
more than 10 feet without stopping to chase his tail and
scream like a banshee. He's not well, but he has made progress.








No comments: