Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The sun still shines

After two days of cloud and rain I was very happy to see the sun again today. It was chilly and windy, but at least it was pretty. I had Maya and Lenny out for a very short hike, but got home in time to take some dogs out for a romp in the pasture.

Tennessee gets neutered on Wednesday so I owed him some pasture time today. He won't be running again for several days. 





Theo is always up for a run in the pasture. He assumes it will mean ball playing time and it usually does. I couldn't lay my hands on the tennis ball thrower this afternoon, however, so I just gave him one ball and encouraged him to play with the other dogs. 


Max joined us, of course. Since I wasn't throwing tennis balls Max held onto the stick he had brought with him from the dog yard. He ran around listening to the voices in his head, but he periodically ran past the rest of us to see what we were up to, which gave me a chance for a few nice photo shots. The sun was going down and my hands were getting cold, so we didn't stay out too long. Max wouldn't come in with everyone else, so I left him in the pasture by himself for a while. When I went out an hour later to feed he was ready to come in and eat.
 




I got Vince to come out to the pasture this afternoon too. Vince always does his own thing, but he came out and ran around sniffing and marking key spots like he always does. Vince is ageless. He was supposedly about 10 years old when he came here. I'm not sure when that was, but I just found a blog post about him from 2012 so he's been here at least six years now. 

He's always looked like an old man, but he's never acted like one. I swear he still looks and acts the same as he did when he first arrived. But the years do add up and I noticed that he was acting funny in the office this afternoon, like he couldn't get comfortable. I gave him some pain pills with this dinner tonight and I think they probably need to become a regular part of his diet. 





Vince may not seem to age, Jackie actually seems to be getting younger. I know she's not, but she is getting stronger and more active all the time. It is sure good to see.  She is still shy with Clay but she thinks I'm the greatest thing outside a full food dish. It takes a lot of time with her.














Everyone had a good day.






No comments: