Friday, May 25, 2018

Long legs and tall grass

Toquima is spending Memorial Day weekend
with us. He arrived Friday morning.
I had intended to hike with Maya today but it was too hot to take TJ along with her. I was going to take Rugger, but I thought I should take Obi because he is the newest and I don't know how he is on a leash. But it was hot, my back was sore, and the thought of taking Obi along made me change my mind. Instead I took Obi, Theo, Max, Rugger, and Toquima to the pasture this evening for some ball playing and a general romp. I'll make it up to Maya this weekend.
No one in our pack really knew what to do with a six month
old Great Dane puppy. Rugger did not want to share his stick.

Obi was quick to hop up on the platforms and
tall enough to see on top without getting up.






Toquima, with Rugger and Theo behind.

Obi didn't seem to understand playing ball.

He's about as goofy as you'd expect at six months.






The pasture grass is lush, green, tall, and full of wildflowers, very pretty right now.

Theo with two tennis balls in his mouth.

Theo and Toquima

Rugger with a ball. He never returns them.

Max always hears the beat of a different drummer, but he was happy once he got a ball to chew.

Theo and Obi
Max


Rugger is really blowing his coat right now. I'll
have to give him a good brushing before the
adoption event on Saturday.



I finally got a few pics of Oberon running.
Those ears are BIG.



Max looks good as part of the scenery.



Theo and Toquima, Rugger is down the hill.

We weren't out there very long, but most of these guys have some age on them, so it was
long enough in the heat. Obi is the youngest but probably did the least amount of running.
He may be the smartest.


No comments: